* . . Serendipity is Love . . *
Abbondanza Pizzeria Ristorante
Friday, July 4, 2008 / 7:49 PM

Last Friday, I had dinner with a group of friends at a casual Italian restaurant, Abbondanza. The group included bloggers and food-lovers, Fran, Didi, Jane, and I. After looking the menu, we ordered Risotto Al Funghi Porcini, Cannelloni agli Spinaci, Pasta alla Pescatora, and Napoli Pizza. Among all the dishes, I particulary loved the Pasta alla Pescatora which I guiltily wiped out. It is generously loaded with shrimps, fish, squid, clams, and oysters in a creamy sauce. I also liked the Rissoto Al Funghi Porcini considering that I'm not a rissoto-lover. The Napoli Pizza was also good but I only wish they served it with more anchovies. As for the Cannelloni agli Spinaci, sad to say, I didn't really like it because it was a bit dry. I wonder if authentic Italian cannellonis are really served like that. Lastly, we girls are all very lucky to try Jane's Tri-colored Tuna and Mushroom Penne of which she prepared especially for us.


PASTA ALLA PESCATORA


NAPOLI PIZZA


CANDICE, FRAN, SAB, AND JANE

It was such a fun night with the girls! I'm glad that I instantly connected with them despite the fact that it was my first time to meet Candice and Jane. Jane's boyfriend, who happened to be my good friend's prom date some 10 years ago, was also so nice to take our photos that night. I'll definitely be going back to Abbondanza! Next time, I'll bring B and Sophie along for a family lunch and try out more of their exciting Italian dishes. :)


ABBONDANZA PIZZERIA RISTORANTE
Crescent Condominium, Amethyst Drive, Ortigas
633-6336

Labels: , ,


6 comments

6 Comments:

it was super duper fun i agree!!

By Blogger Frances Ang, at July 2, 2008 at 11:38 PM  

Frannnn :) Let's have a potluck dinner at my place before I leave on Sept. :)

By Blogger Serendipity, at July 3, 2008 at 2:03 AM  

Let's do this again!! :)

By Blogger Didi, at July 3, 2008 at 2:30 AM  

Sabbie the food looks so yummy! :)

By Blogger Cathy, at July 7, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

pasta look good! :)

By Blogger Oliboy's Adventures, at July 9, 2008 at 2:38 AM  

the pasta is mouth-watering!

By Blogger xxxloixxx, at September 9, 2008 at 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment