* . . Serendipity is Love . . *
Sophie Belle's Baptism & Birthday
Monday, June 16, 2008 / 7:34 AM

SOPHIE BELLE'S BAPTISM
MAY 18, 2008
MARY THE QUEEN PARISH


SOPHIE BELLE'S 1ST BIRTHDAY
MAY 18, 2008
CORINTHIAN GARDENS CLUBHOUSE

It took me 5 crazy months to plan for Sophie's party. Brian and I both wanted a Hello Kitty theme. First, I made a reservation at the newly renovated Corinthian Gardens Clubhouse. The next step was to schedule Sophie's baptism at Mary the Queen Parish. I personally requested our family friend, Mgsr. Bong Lo, to officiate the baptism. He was actually the same priest who pronounced Brian and I, man and wife. Next, I coordinated with one of the most talked about party shops in the city, Jelly Bellies Party Experts. There in the little party shop, I was pleased to be presented with a whole lot of party choices like balloon decors, mylar centerpieces, princess booths, magic shows, dog shows, and more. It was definitely hard to choose when you have so many wonderful choices. After a few days, I finally made my final decision on the balloon decors and motifs. Then Brian and I have decided on the mascot, magic show, and bubble show to entertain the guests. Next, I called our cousin, Leilani Marcelino, for catering services. I wanted a Japanese dinner buffet to be consistent with the Sanrio/Japan theme. I chose Sushi and Tossed Green Salad for the appetizers. The main course consisted of Japanese Fried Rice, Chicken Teriyaki, Ebi Tempura, Beef Salpicao, and inevitably, Lechon Cebu. Chocolate Fondue and Decadent Chocolate Cake for desserts. For Sophie's birthday cake, I contacted cake artist, May Santos of Kitchen Krafts, to bake a 3-layer Hello Kitty fondant cake. I also ordered a few dozens of Sanrio cupcakes to surround the cake. When all the major party details were finalized, it was finally time to go dress shopping. Sophie needed 2 dresses, a baptismal dress and a birthday dress. After searching all the malls for the perfect dress, I finally bought Sophie's dresses at Purple Candy. Sophie's baptismal gown was a long white chiffon dress with laces and embroideries. Her birthday dress was a two-toned mix of velvety red and white ruched chiffon worn over a petticoat. Then I bought my fuchsia bubble dress at Okasyon and Brian's maroon button down polo at G2000. The last in my list is to shop for giveaways and loot bags. And there is only one place to shop for these... 168. I bought plush Hello Kitty and Keroppi bags and happily stuffed each bag with Sanrio toys and candies.

Sophie's party was filled with so much fun and laughter. The children were all amazed by the bubble show and mystified by the magician's tricks. They were also very delighted with their Sanrio giveaways! As for the grown-ups, I'd say it was the kind of party where they felt young at heart once again. It was only when the party was over and all the guests have left that Brian and I realized how exhausted we are. But despite our exhaustion, we found ourselves smiling silly while we loaded Sophie's gifts in the car. And Sophie, still in her velvet petticoat dress, truly looked like a princess as she fell asleep after her birthday banquet. :)


PARTY SUPPLIERS

Jelly Bellies Party Experrts
Shaw Blvd. Mandaluyong
02-7247695

Kitchen Krafts
Calbayog St. Mandaluyong
02-5335288

Leilani Marcelino
0922-8330016

Labels: , , , , , ,


5 comments

5 Comments:

The three layered cake is <3<3<3!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 18, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

Hi Sab! My fiance's pamangkin naman had her party the day before sa Corinthians din! Hahaha.. Coinkidink? Hahahaha!! :) You're so pretty!! :)

Time flies noh? :)

By Blogger Didi, at June 19, 2008 at 12:36 AM  

Hi Roanne! Are those 3 little hearts? I loved the cake too! It was painful for me to throw it away. :(

By Blogger Serendipity, at June 19, 2008 at 10:44 PM  

Hi Didi! You're soon to be married na pala! :) What's coinkidink?! I have to agree time flies... I always feel like time never went this fast when were still kids. :)

By Blogger Serendipity, at June 19, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

Sabbie, I was smiling when i was reading your entry.. its like I was there din sa party ni Sophie! Planning the whole thing must have been tiring but super duper fun!!! :)

By Blogger Cathy, at June 24, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment