* . . Serendipity is Love . . *
Crazy For Pastries
Tuesday, July 1, 2008 / 11:10 PM

SOPHIE'S FOCCACIA BREAD

It all started two Fridays ago when my cousin brought a box of Dunkin Donuts for Sophie. While my cousin's children went swimming down in the garden of our condominium, Sophie and I sat on the bench watching them play in the water. Then I started feeding Sophie bavarian munchkins. Lost in my conversation with my cousin, I have lost track of how many muchkins Sophie has eaten already. When I checked the box, it's down to half. Goodness! Has Sophie really gobbled down half a dozen munchkins already?

When I brought Sophie with me to Starbucks to hang out with F, Sophie was again presented with a plate of tempting chocolate frosted donuts. Sophie's eyes followed the plate of donuts until it landed on our table. In her stroller, Sophie struggled to reach for the donuts. She got one and stuffed it in her small mouth, savoring its sweetness. F and I can't help but laugh at how adorable she is! That afternoon, Sophie ate about four donuts!

Sophie was again presented with a basket of pastries when I took her with me at Piazza Pazzo. She was staring longingly at those slices of foccacia bread. When I didn't give her a slice because she still hasn't finished her Gerber lunch, Sophie threatened me with a loud crying spell. No amount of sshhhh-ing calmed her down. I lost and Sophie won! I gave her slice after slice of foccacia bread to her heart's content.

It's beyond mommy's control. Sophie has gone crazy for pastries. :)

Labels: , , ,


4 comments

4 Comments:

adorable sophie loves pastries! :) ill never forgot how she tried to subtly reach for the mini donuts on the table as if hoping that she won't get noticed by mommy or yaya :P super smart little girl hehehe

By Blogger frannywanny, at July 2, 2008 at 2:58 AM  

cute:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 2, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

Galing naman ni Sophie! Not hard to feed sya. :)

By Blogger Jen, at July 3, 2008 at 11:33 PM  

Sabbie, ang funny naman ng entry na toh! Sophie is such a sneaky little girl! Heheh.. but sneaky in a good way! :) I miss you both! :)

By Blogger Cathy, at July 7, 2008 at 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment